Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Start of a Journey

So I decided to start this blog.  After many attempts to lose weight, and different diets I figured this might help.  I need this.  I don't know if anyone will read it or if anyone will care but I need to be held accountable.  I need to do take control and finally do this.

I broke down today and signed up for Weight Watchers, along with my husband.  We stayed for our first meeting, which we felt went well.  Afterward we got an over view of the program and how it works. We ended up with so much literature to go though.





The very top little book of the stack seems to be the most important.  It is my "Success Story" or rather what I am hoping will be my success story.  In it there are some questions like what's your weight goal and such.  One question I wasn't expecting was the why you are doing this.  I thought that was always obvious...to loose weight. Turns out it's more than that.

I want to do this to be healthier, happier and have some self confidence.  I NEED to do this for a bunch of health reasons; thyroid issues, sugar issues, to improve mental health and so much more.  I want to be healthy. I want to be here longer for my kids. I want to be able to do more thing, like run a full 5k and have more energy.  

I need to do this for my family and they are going to do it too, hubby and the kids.  Now we're not talking little kids we're talking teenagers. The kids doctor surprisingly is the one who recommended Weight Watcher and said it would be good for them to do it with us.  He said it would help them to learn to make smarter food choices and eat healthier. So this first week my husband and I will work to learn the program and the better kinds of foods to eat. Then we will give each kid a calculator and help them along.  They need to get healthy before they run into trouble.  

Good thing is I will not be doing this alone. We will go on this journey together and hopefully end up in a better place.                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment